I am doing a workshop on 09/16/15 at the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee on photogrammetry and 3D scanning using Netfabb, maybe Meshmixer and Recap. The links below are for software and such that would be useful to have pre-installed or downloaded.
1. Set up account with Autodesk (should be free for all, for sure for edu)
2. Goto https://recap360.autodesk.com
3. download and install Netfabb Basic: http://www.netfabb.com/downloadcenter.php?basic=1
4. download and install Meshmixer: http://www.123dapp.com/meshmixer
5. download and unzip demo files: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:547352
Bring laptop, 3 button mouse, image capture device.